Obtenção do valor estratégico através de uma transformação digital centrada no consumidor
Palavras-chave:Gerenciamento da tecnologia da comunicação, Estratégia empresarial digital
Este artigo foi publicado originalmente na revista MISQE, sendo sua publicação autorizada pelo editor chefe, Dr. Alan R. Dennis.
(1) Este artigo foi publicado originalmente na revista MISQE, sendo sua publicação autorizada pelo editor chefe, Dr. Alan R. Dennis.
(2) Carol Brown is the accepting senior editor for this article.
(3) Paul Gray sadly passed away from injuries sustained in a car accident as we were crafting and writing this article. It is dedicated to him and the wonderful mentorship and warm friendship he has provided to all of us.
(4) Hagel, J. III, Seely Brown, J. and Davison, L. “How to Bring the Core to the Edge,” HBR Blog Network, 2009, available at http://blogs.hbr.org/bigshift/2009/02/how-to-bring-the-edge-to-the-c.html.
(5) Meyer, C. “Center-Edge Organization: An Alternative to Tra- ditional Hierarchy,” Working Wider, 2009, available at http://www.workingwider.com/strategic_innovation/54/.
(6) Alberts, D. S. and Hayes, R. E. Power to the Edge: Command … Control … in the Information Age, Command and Control Research Program, U.S. Department of Defense, 2003, available at http://www.dodccrp.org/files/Alberts_Power.pdf.
(7) Stabell, C. B. and Fjelstad, O. D. “Configuring Value for Com petitive Advantage: On Chains, Shops, and Networks,” Strategic Management Journal (19), p. 413-437, 1998.
(8) Porter, M. Competitive Strategy, Free Press, 1980.
(9) Stabell, C. B. and Fjelstad, O. D., op. cit., 1998.
(10) Norman, R. and Ramirez, R. “From Value Chain to Value Con- stellation: Designing Interactive Strategy,” Harvard Business Review (71:4), July/August, 1993.
(11) Meaningful use is potentially a key catalyst for transformation. Defined as a set of specific objectives to qualify for the federal HITECH incentive programs, meaningful use is an umbrella concept for the usage of electronic health record applications to: improve quality of care, safety, efficiency and treatment variations; engage patients and their families; improve care coordination and population/ public health; and maintain privacy and security of patient health information.
(12) The HITECH Act specifically uses the term EHR; other similar terms are EPR (Electronic Patient Record) and EMR (Electronic Medical Record).
(13) Murray, C., Monroe, W. and Stalder, S. “Cultivating a Disease Management Partnership: A Value-Chain Model,” Disease Manage- ment (6:2), 2003, p. 73-82.
(14) All factual data reported in this article is from public sources
(15) For a comprehensive discussion of the KP Health Connect project, see Connected for Health: Using Electronic Health Records to Transform Care Delivery, Liang, L. (ed.), Jossey-Bass, 2010.
(16) For more information, see http://xnet.kp.org/newscenter/about-kp/healthconnect/timeline.html.
(17) Chen, C., Garrido, T., Chock, D., Okawa, G. and Liang, L. “The Kaiser Permanente Electronic Health Record: Transforming and Streamlining Modalities of Care,” Health Affairs (28:2), 2009, p. 323-333.
(18) Retrieved from http://xnet.kp.org/newscenter/pressreleases/hi/2005/090105kphconline.html.
(19) Retrieved from http://www.kaiserpermanentecarestories.org/easytomanagehealth/.
(20) Zhou, Y. Y. et al. “Patient access to an electronic health record with secure messaging: Impact on primary care utilization,” The American Journal of Managed Care (13), 2007, p. 418-424.
(21) Normann, R. and Arvidsson, N. People as Care Catalysts: From Being Patient to Becoming Healthy, John Wiley & Sons, 2006.
(22) Liang, L., Unitan, R. and Weissberg, J. Managing the Health of Populations, in Liang, L. (ed.), op. cit., 2010.
(23) Weng, X., Odouli, R. and Li, D.-K. “Maternal caffeine con- sumption during pregnancy and the risk of miscarriage: a prospec- tive cohort study,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (198:3), March 2008, p. 279e1-e8.
(24) See http://xnet.kp.org/newscenter/pressreleases/nat/2010/100110ehrpopulationcare.html.
(25) Fox, S. Peer-to-peer healthcare, Pew Research Center, 2011, available at http://pewinternet.org/~/media/Files/Reports/2011/Pew_P2PHealthcare_2011.pdf.
(26) Chase, D. Is there a business case for engaging patients? Available at http://www.forbes.com/sites/davechase/2012/10/21/is-there-a-business-case-for-engaging-patients/?goback=.gmr_93115.gfl_93115.gde_93115_member_201350038.
(27) Hawn, C. “Take Two Aspirin And Tweet Me In The Morning: How Twitter, Facebook, And Other Social Media Are Reshaping Health Care,” Health Affairs (28:2), 2009, p. 361-368.
(28) Gallagher, J. and Ransbotham, S. “Social Media and Customer Dialog Management at Starbucks,” MIS Quarterly Executive (9:4), 2010, p.197-212.
(29) Pereira, D. “Social media in healthcare: a view from Kaiser Permanente,” IBM Social Business School, 2012, available at https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/socialbusiness/entry/social_media_in_healthcare_a_view_from_kaiser_permanente7?lang=en.
(30) Eytan, T., Benabio, J., Golla, V., Parikh, R. and Stein, S. “Social Media and the Health System,” The Permanente Journal, (15:1), 2011.
(31) Kiron, D. “Social Business at Kaiser Permanente: Using Social Tools to Improve Customer Service, Research and Internal Collaboration,” Sloan Management Review, March 6, 2012, available at http://tinyurl.com/b89ndwb.
(32) Christensen, K. and Silvestre, A. Making Health Personal, in Liang, L. (ed.), op. cit., 2010.
(33) See: Wallace, P. Testimony to Quality Measures Workgroup, October 28, 2010, available at http://goo.gl/E4wQh; Reed, M., Huang, J., Graetz, I., Brand, R., Hsu, J., Fireman, B., and Jaffe, M. “Outpatient Electronic Health Records and the Clinical Care and Outcomes of Patients With Diabetes Mellitus,” Annals of Internal Medicine (157:7), October 2012, p. 482-489.
(34) See http://www.lmpartnership.org/home.
(35) McCreary, L. “Kaiser Permanente’s Innovation on the Front Lines,” Harvard Business Review, September 2010.
(36) For more information about these initiatives, see: Kaiser Permanente and Microsoft Empower Consumers to Take Charge of their Health, June 9, 2008, available at http://xnet.kp.org/news-center/pressreleases/nat/2008/060908kpmsftpilot.html; Veterans Affairs and Kaiser Permanente Share Electronic Health Information to Improve Care for Veterans, January 2, 2010, available at http://www1.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=1836; Five Leading Health Systems Create New Care Connectivity Consortium, April 6, 2011, available at http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/five-leading-health-systems-create-newcare-connectivity-consortium-119301529.html.
(37) Gustin, S. “Young CEO Seeks to Reset Ticketmaster With Tech and Transparency,” Wired, March, 2011, available at http://www.wired.com/business/2011/03/ticketmaster/2/.
(38) Phablet, a combination of the words phone and tablet, describes an informal class of smartphones with screen sizes ranging between 5 and 7 inches.
(39) Tung, W. and Yuan, S. “A service design framework for value co-production: insight from mutualism perspective,” Kybernetes, (37:2), 2008.
(40) Manning, H. and Bodine, K. Outside in: The Power of Putting Customer at the Center of your Business, Amazon Publishing, 2012.
(41) Medrano, R. Welcome to the API Economy, Forbes, Au- gust, 2012, available at http://www.forbes.com/sites/ciocentral/2012/08/29/welcome-to-the-api-economy/.
(42) Werbach, A. Strategy for Sustainability: A Business Manifesto, Harvard Business Press, 2009.
Autores mantém os direitos autorais e concedem Ã Revista do CEAM o direito de primeira publicação, com o trabalho simultaneamente licenciado sob uma Licença Creative Commons - Atribuição 4.0 Internacional, permitindo o compartilhamento do trabalho com reconhecimento da autoria do trabalho e publicação inicial nesta revista.