A pluralidade dos Moventes Imóveis e os Tipos de Intelecção na Metafísica Λ de Aristóteles
Abstract: In this paper, I aim to explore the nature of the first unmoved motor and the nature of the other unmoved movers in Aristotle's Metaphysics Λ. My analysis will focus on the following topics: a) how does Aristotle identifies the concept of unmoved substances taking as starting point the concept of movement; b) the concept of first/primacy associated to the first unmoved motor as well as to the other celestial spheres' movers; c) finally, from a noetic point of view, why does the first unmoved mover is different from the human intellect.
Keywords: Aristotle, Metaphysics, God, Substances, Intellect.
Given the public access policy of the journal, the use of the published texts is free, with the obligation of recognizing the original authorship and the first publication in this journal. The authors of the published contributions are entirely and exclusively responsible for their contents.
1. The authors authorize the publication of the article in this journal.
2. The authors guarantee that the contribution is original, and take full responsibility for its content in case of impugnation by third parties.
3. The authors guarantee that the contribution is not under evaluation in another journal.
4. The authors keep the copyright and convey to the journal the right of first publication, the work being licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License-BY.
5. The authors are allowed and stimulated to publicize and distribute their work on-line after the publication in the journal.
6. The authors of the approved works authorize the journal to distribute their content, after publication, for reproduction in content indexes, virtual libraries and similars.
7. The editors reserve the right to make adjustments to the text and to adequate the article to the editorial rules of the journal.