The new Platonic interpretation
The contribution of Schleiermacher
Keywords:History of ancient philosophy, Plato, Hermeneutic
Dating from the 50s, platonic historiography has concentrated on a question of great relevance for the comprehension of Plato’s philosophy, concerning the fact that there is a discrepency between the image which Plato gives his philosophy in the dialogues and the one which his disciples handed down to us. This historiographic problem has already been addressed by Schleiermacher in the XIX century when he elaborated a theory of the dialogue as a form of representation, which links Plato’s philosophy to a direct and indirect communication, capable of influencing several authores through the XIX and XX centuries.
How to Cite
Given the public access policy of the journal, the use of the published texts is free, with the obligation of recognizing the original authorship and the first publication in this journal. The authors of the published contributions are entirely and exclusively responsible for their contents.
1. The authors authorize the publication of the article in this journal.
2. The authors guarantee that the contribution is original, and take full responsibility for its content in case of impugnation by third parties.
3. The authors guarantee that the contribution is not under evaluation in another journal.
4. The authors keep the copyright and convey to the journal the right of first publication, the work being licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License-BY.
5. The authors are allowed and stimulated to publicize and distribute their work on-line after the publication in the journal.
6. The authors of the approved works authorize the journal to distribute their content, after publication, for reproduction in content indexes, virtual libraries and similars.
7. The editors reserve the right to make adjustments to the text and to adequate the article to the editorial rules of the journal.