Sextus Empiricus and the Differences between Pyrrhonism and the Philosophy of the Academics
A Translation of Outlines of Pyrrhonism 1.220-235
Keywords:Pyrrhonism, Sextus Empiricus, Outlines of Pyrrhonism, translation, Academy
This paper consists in the presentation of the first version of the Greek/Portuguese translation of Sextus Empiricus’ Outlines of Pyrrhonism 1.220-235, passage where Sextus traces a comparison between the Pyrrhonism and the Academic philosophy.
BURY, R. G. (trans.) (2006) The Complete Works of Sextus Empiricus. 4 vols. Loeb Classical Library. Cambridge, Harvard University Press.
HUGUENIN, R.; BRITO, R. P. (trads.) (2013). Sexto Empírico. Contra os retóricos. São Paulo, EdUNESP.
HUGUENIN, R.; BRITO, R. P. (trads.) (2015). Sexto Empírico. Contra os gramáticos. São Paulo, EdUNESP.
HUGUENIN, R.; BRITO, R. P. (trads.) (2019). Sexto Empírico. Contra os astrólogos. São Paulo, EdUNESP.
How to Cite
Given the public access policy of the journal, the use of the published texts is free, with the obligation of recognizing the original authorship and the first publication in this journal. The authors of the published contributions are entirely and exclusively responsible for their contents.
1. The authors authorize the publication of the article in this journal.
2. The authors guarantee that the contribution is original, and take full responsibility for its content in case of impugnation by third parties.
3. The authors guarantee that the contribution is not under evaluation in another journal.
4. The authors keep the copyright and convey to the journal the right of first publication, the work being licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License-BY.
5. The authors are allowed and stimulated to publicize and distribute their work on-line after the publication in the journal.
6. The authors of the approved works authorize the journal to distribute their content, after publication, for reproduction in content indexes, virtual libraries and similars.
7. The editors reserve the right to make adjustments to the text and to adequate the article to the editorial rules of the journal.